Saturday, March 5, 2022

The Thing That Concerned Jesus The Most

Jesus had many things to be concerned about when He was on earth, but there's something that was most important to Him -- more important than anything else. And He was constantly looking for it, as the scriptures below reveal, but unfortunately, not often finding it.

John 4:48
Jesus asked, “Will you never believe in me unless you see miraculous signs and wonders?

John 14:10a 
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? 

Matthew 6:30
And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

Matthew 8:10
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!

Matthew 14:31
Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”

Mark 9:23
“What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

John 3:12
But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?

John 6:36
But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me.
 
John 16:31
Jesus asked, “Do you finally believe?

It's obvious what Jesus was most concerned about: belief and faith in Him. The most compelling words reinforcing that idea can be found in Luke 18:8, where Jesus refers to Himself in the third person. With anticipation, He is asking an important question that reveals what His heart is yearning for and hoping for when He returns.

Luke 18:8
I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” 

That question is kind of a haunting one -- one that we hope will ultimately have a positive answer. Unfortunately, the highway to hell is broad and the gateway to life is narrow, and only a few find it (Matthew 7:13-14).

Will Jesus find anyone with faith when He returns?

Maybe the question we need to be asking ourselves today is this: 

"If Jesus returned today, would He find faith in me?"

After all, that's what He is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment