Monday, November 5, 2012

The Election Above All Elections

     Election season is crazy! To be honest, I’m tired of it all. I can’t wait for it to be over. And finally, tomorrow night it will be done - yay. I’m tired of all the commercials. I’m tired of all the yelling. I’m tired of how Republicans and Democrats seem to hate each other. Will this country ever be united again instead of divided? I’m tired of the news channels taking sides. Are you for Romney? Then the Fox News channel is for you. Are you for Obama? Then MSNBC is for you. Are there any news channels anymore? I don’t think so. I can’t find real news anywhere, only politics. Today’s news channels have been reduced to political commentary channels.
    Regardless of who wins, on Wednesday, the day after the election, we can be sure that life will still go on. And through the aftermath, I’m reminded of what my dad used to say, “It won’t make any difference, a hundred years from now.”
    There is, however, an election that will make a difference. It is the election that is above all elections. It’s an election that really matters. It is your election!
    That’s right - we, as Christians, have been elected by God to be his chosen people (1 Peter 2:9). Think of it this way - God voted for you!  He chose us (Ephesians 1:4). He is for us. And if He is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31)?
    Christians are God’s chosen people, and if we are his elect, then we need to work at living a life worthy of the calling we have received (Ephesians 4:1).
     The Bible says in 2 Peter 1:10a, “Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure.”
    So, yes, this presidential election is important, but not nearly important as yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment